Monday, August 10, 2015

Almost There...

At around 7 AM this morning we left the guesthouse and headed to Nati’s medical appointment. We arrived 15 minutes before the clinic opened and yet there was already a room full of people in line. It took another 2.5 hours to be seen by the doctor.

I will start with the big “Yes” we received to your prayers. Nati’s TB test was negative. This is a huge praise!!! If there had been any sort of delay with this it could have meant another 3-6 weeks spent in country. Second, it appears that Nati is not having any sort of reaction or discomfort from his vaccinations.

The third thing I asked you to pray for was expedited medical. The hospital/clinic is allowed 5 business days to clear Nati for travel but we went in pretty hopeful that we could receive clearance today because we have watched several other families accomplish this at our guesthouse. However, at the end of Nati’s physical the doctor told me that I could come back next Monday to get the clearance. I know that tears immediately sprang to my eyes as I begged her to reconsider. She continued to argue that because his medical is so complex it would take longer. I continued to beg her to please reconsider expediting his case. I could tell that she was getting increasingly frustrated with my persistence. I made eye contact with her one more time and just said “please”. With a big sigh she told my agency rep that she could come back tomorrow but no earlier than 4 pm. 

In case you are wondering about the significance of this time it is when the embassy closes for the day. This means we will not be able to submit to embassy until Wednesday. It also means I cannot be seen for an interview until Thursday.

I will admit I was very discouraged as I left the clinic today but my agency feels that we will still get to travel home by the end of this week!!!


So, a couple more ways for you to pray…
-         
         That the medical clearance is in fact issued tomorrow.
         
That the embassy will see me on Thursday.
        
That the embassy will issue us the visa on Thursday so we can come home this weekend.          

That we will be able to get seats on a flight out of Addis Friday night!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment